STUDENT SPENDING HABITS
$24,967,910 are spent on food services and drinking places.
$7,150,549 are spent on performing arts companies.
$1,420,124 are spent on motor vehicle retail stores.
$3,086,117 are spent on fitness and recreation sports centers.
$10,228,320 are spent on food and beverage retail stores.
$1,194,632 are spent on general merchandise retail stores.
$1,535,058 are spend on furniture and home furnishing retail stores.
$1,329,594 are spent on sporting goods, hobby, book and music retail stores.
SUMMARY OF VISITOR SPENDING
$8,278,932 are spent during commencement.
$1,297,432 are spent during Soar.
$488,453 are spent during homecoming.
$787,053 are spent during Parents' Weekend.
$3,430,454 are spent during open house.
$1,170,300 are spent during WOW.
$387,329 are spent from visiting athletics teams.
47.7% of students will stay in SLO over the summer.
TYPES OF VISITOR SPENDING
- 6% on incidentals.
- 43.2% on lodging.
- 13% on gas.
- 36.9% on food.
- 0.6% on bus/car rentals.
NUMBER OF TIMES A YEAR THAT A STUDENT HAS VISITORS
- 47.3% of students have 2 to 3 visitors.
- 3.5% of students have 11 or more visitors.
STUDENT SPENDING BY CATEGORY
- 40% from rent.
- 17% from grocery stores.
- 11% from restaurants, food services, and bars.
- 10% from performing arts, spectator sports, and other recreation.
- 9% from miscellaneous.
- 7% from transportation.
- 4% from health, personal care, sporting goods, and fitness centers.
- 2% from physicians, labs, clinics, and dentists.
- $179.2 mil from living off campus in rentals.
- $22.4 mil from living on campus.
- 5.3% mil from living at home.